All of my 2013 couples so far have had the privilege of meeting Alyce on their wedding day, but I thought it was about time that she got her own blog post! Alyce (pronounced like ah-leece, or Elise with an A. Whatever… anyway… ;)) Alyce is my dear, sweet, fun-loving friend. She is also my very talented, even-keeled, very funny, balanced and fun second shooter. Alyce assists me at every wedding and I am infinitely grateful for her. She is a talented photographer but she is also a champion lifter of my very heavy think tank camera bag, fixer of veils and any detail out of place, she is friendly and warm and calm under pressure. She makes the groomsmen laugh and reminds me to take deep breaths every once in a while. She and I share a lot, not the least of which is Cliff bars and Naked juice on the way to a wedding. She cries alongside me at a beautiful vow ceremony or heart-felt toast. And she helps me to make sure that every important moment is captured.
I thought the best way to get to know her in a blog post, until you have the true pleasure of meeting her in person, would be to have her share a few facts about herself. They are all facts, though some may be a little unconventional or strange. ;) And that’s what I love most about Alyce. And so, without further ado, meet Alyce!
1. Alyce speaks fluent Swedish.
3. Loves to ski… downhill and cross-country.
5. She decorates for Christmas on November 1st. (Hey, there’s no Thanksgiving in Sweden!)
7. Alyce has eaten both alligator and tripe… and enjoyed it.
9. Alyce was a Nikon when she shot film years ago, and now she shoots Canon. And it’s all my fault. :) While they are both perfect and wonderful and of course comparable, she’s now a true & loyal Canon convert!
And that, in 10 fun facts, is my beautiful friend. Love you Alyce! :)